This year’s dyepot is finally exhausted

Lone sanguineus

Where last year I found eleven Cortinarius sanguineus, this year I found just one. This was the pattern for all the dermocybes; I found them in all my favourite places, but not in the numbers I enjoyed last year.

Colour from one sanguineus

Undaunted, I prepared the last mushroom dyepot of the season, and this precious strand of colour will be featured somewhere in the mushroom sweater I’m thinking (and thinking) about.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s